Grow Your Hair Thick & Long in 6 Months
The Grow-out challenge simply means that for 6 months we make a commitment to create a hair and wellness regimen that works for each one of us individually and to stick to it.
The challenge will begin on 30th January 2013 and end on 30th June 2013.
Terms and Conditions*
Develop and follow a consistent hair routine, tailored to your specific needs and desired goals
- Co-wash, Weekly deep conditioning, Regular moisturizing
- Deep conditioning treatment at every wash session
- Handle hair gently at all times
- Seal your ends every time you moisturize
- Minimize (direct) heat usage
- Protect your ends
- Sleep with silk/satin bonnet or pillow.
- Protective Style if necessary
Develop and follow a consistent general wellness routine, tailored to your specific needs and desired goals
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Drink at least 64 oz (1.89ltrs)of water each day (or half your body weight in ounces)
- Eat at least one raw food Meal a day (fruit or veg salad, freshly made juice or smoothie, nuts and seeds)
- Take a multi vitamin and other beneficial supplements (biotin and Silica)
- Exercise 3 times a week
- Manage Stress positively
Commit to documenting your hair journey with monthly photos in order to keep track of our length and reach our length goals (3 inches or more by end June.).
- Document your progress, observations, and frustrations on your personal FB page or blog or here on TN!
- All participants MUST do photos every month and if possible keep us updated so we can support you and encourage you and help you troubleshoot along the way!
Spread the Love
- Encourage your fellow curlies by sharing tips, advice, and chiming in on their comments , photos and blogs
- Invite a friend or two or three.
HOW TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE
To enter this challenge you need to do the following by Jan 30th 2013:
1. Leave a comment on this post on TN
2. Take a photo of your natural hair now-front, sides, and back.
3. Attach at least one length photo to TN
Define your hair and wellness routines(You can share this on TN or just have a private journal)
5. Check in Monthly
Have fun and enjoy the journey!